The Photographer’s Guide to Snowdonia & North Wales
Discover the top photography locations in Snowdonia and North Wales with this detailed guide book.
Snowdonia National Park boasts a wealth of beautiful landscapes, and along with the coastal areas of North Wales there’s a wide variety of different photography locations to explore. From historic castles and charming lighthouses to tranquil lakes and magnificent mountain scenes – there really is something for everyone.
The northern region of Snowdonia is particularly dramatic and is packed with wild and rugged peaks, idyllic valleys, hidden waterfalls and characterful old slate quarries. There’s also plenty on offer in South Snowdonia, the North Wales Coast and Anglesey. All three are blessed with attractive coastal scenery that’s irresistible for seascape lovers and feature various other gems.
This book covers the best photography locations in North Snowdonia in detail, along with the highlights of South Snowdonia, the North Wales Coast and Anglesey.
The book is split into the following sections:
Section 1: North Snowdonia Part 1 – Around Snowdon
Section 2: North Snowdonia Part 2 – The Ogwen Valley
Section 3: North Snowdonia Part 3 – Around Betws-y-Coed
Section 4: South Snowdonia
Section 5: The North Coast
Section 6: Anglesey
Rated 5 stars (out of 5) by ePhotozine – read the review here.
- Over 50 brilliant photo locations, including castles, lighthouses, lakes, waterfalls, mountains and old slate quarries.
- Detailed directions to each location, including annotated maps, where to park and satnav information. (Postcodes for satnav are given in the book. GPS co-ordinates are available here.)
- Advice on the best time of day and the best time of year to visit the locations.
- Table of sunrise and sunset times for the area.
- Useful information on what season to visit, tide times and how to pronounce Welsh place names.
- Suitable for all levels of photographer – from beginner to professional.
- Handy A5 size fits perfectly in your camera bag.
Buy this book
All our guidebooks are available on Amazon in the UK, Germany, Italy, France and Spain. We sell as a merchant on the site because their platform is the most cost effective way for us to make our books available to a wide audience (it’s not Amazon selling the books, it’s us). Alternatively, you can buy them from www.rigu.co.uk, which is a great camera accessories website based in the heart of the Lake District just down the road from Long Valley Books, and is run by Ellen’s cousin. Rigu will also ship to pretty much any country in the world!