The Photographer’s Guide to The Yorkshire Dales
Discover the top photography locations in The Yorkshire Dales with this detailed guide book.
The Yorkshire Dales has some of the most photogenic waterfalls in the UK, ranging from the modest but elegant Scaleber Force to the lofty heights of Hawdraw Force. It’s well worth visiting the area for these alone, but it also has plenty of other amazing photography locations to explore, such as impressive viaducts, heather-clad moorlands and picturesque valleys with lonely barns and intricate field patterns.
The other standout highlight in the Dales is the fascinating limestone pavements. Although these geological wonders can be found elsewhere in the UK, the Dales is blessed with a large number of attractive examples, and combined with the beautiful surrounding scenery they’re a photographer’s playground.
The book is split into seven sections, six covering the National Park (Ingleton & Dentdale, Ribblesdale, Malhamdale & Airedale, Wensleydale, Swaledale and Wharfdale), as well as one covering the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
Rated 4.5 stars (out of 5) by ePhotozine – read the review here.
- Over 50 brilliant photo locations, such as waterfalls, viaducts, barns and limestone pavements.
- Detailed directions to each location, including annotated maps, where to park and satnav information. (Postcodes for satnav are given in the book. GPS co-ordinates are available here.)
- Advice on the best time of day and the best time of year to visit the locations.
- Table of sunrise and sunset times for the area.
- Suitable for all levels of photographer – from beginner to professional.
- Handy A5 size fits perfectly in your camera bag.
Buy this book
All our guidebooks are available on Amazon in the UK, Germany, Italy, France and Spain. We sell as a merchant on the site because their platform is the most cost effective way for us to make our books available to a wide audience (it’s not Amazon selling the books, it’s us). Alternatively, you can buy them from www.rigu.co.uk, which is a great camera accessories website based in the heart of the Lake District just down the road from Long Valley Books, and is run by Ellen’s cousin. Rigu will also ship to pretty much any country in the world!