Welcome to Long Valley Books
Long Valley Books is a small independent publisher that produces ‘The Photographer’s Guides’ series of photography location guide books.
The latest guide hot off the press in December 2017 is The Photographer’s Guide to Snowdonia & North Wales.
This guide book covers the magnificent area of North Snowdonia in detail, along with the best of South Snowdonia, the North Wales Coast and Anglesey.
- Over 50 brilliant photography locations, including castles, lighthouses, lakes, waterfalls, mountains and old slate quarries.
- Detailed directions to each location, including annotated maps, where to park and satnav information.
- Advice on the best time of day and the best time of year to visit the locations.
- Table of sunrise and sunset times for the area.
- Useful information on what season to visit, tide times and how to pronounce Welsh place names.
- Suitable for all levels of photographer – from beginner to professional.
- Handy A5 size fits in your camera bag.
Read more about the book and view sample pages here.
Our Range of Photo Location Guide Books
Each guide book is designed to give you everything you need to get the most out your photography trip – we’ve done the legwork of finding the best photo locations on offer, so you don’t have to. There are over 50 locations in each book, covering a variety of subjects, such as lakes, mountains, waterfalls, rock formations, stone circles, caves, quarries, barns, viaducts…
Every photography location has clear written directions, detailed annotated maps, OS grid references and satnav information, so you can easily find even the most well-hidden gem. Along with tips on where the best viewpoints are and what angles you might want to explore, you’ll find advice on the best time of day and year to visit. All you need is your camera!
Click or tap on a cover to read more about each book.