We are Long Valley Books Ltd, incorporated in England and Wales, company number 8663463, registered address The Bield, Little Langdale, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 9PD, phone 015394 37254.
How we collect your information
We collect your information when you complete our newsletter signup, purchase our products on Amazon, email or phone us with a query and when you leave comments on our website.
We also collect data about our website usage that we obtain using cookies.
The information we collect varies depending on the source but may include your name, address, email address and any comments you leave on our website.
What we do with it
We use the information to send you the products you have ordered from us. If you have signed up to the newsletter then we use that information to send you emails including news about new book launches and photography locations.
Information is stored on our IT service provider’s servers in the EU and USA (only ones who have signed up to the EU’s Safe Harbor policy or the subsequent EU Privacy Shield).
We keep this data as long as is necessary to provide the services properly and in some cases as long as legally required for tax or administrative purposes. In particular we keep details of customers’ orders and payments for 7 years as per HMRC guidelines (this does not include card details).
Giving us this data is not a statutory requirement however without this data we will not be able to provide the relevant service or product – eg without your address we cannot post products to you.
The lawful basis for most of our actions is your consent – for example you consent for us to post you the products you have ordered or send you the email newsletter you signed up to. We may undertake some actions under “legitimate interest” as defined under GDPR regulations. For example if payment for an order is rejected, we may contact to you to resolve this.
Our legitimate interests under the GDPR are commercial – in particular delivering a great service to our customers, securing the rights of the business, maintaining the profitable nature of the business and protecting the rights of the employees.
Who we share it with
We do not share your data with any third party marketing services. We do share some data with organisations that help us to deliver our services or are required by law. These include:
- IT service providers that help us with our internal IT needs.
- Lawyers representing us in the event of a legal claim or dispute.
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies (if there is a legal reason to share your data with them).
You have certain rights concerning the data we have about you. These include:
- The right to withdraw any consent. If you have consented to us using your data (for example by signing up to our newsletter) then you have the right to contact us and cancel that consent.
- The right to be forgotten. You can contact us to let us know that you wish us to remove all data we hold on you.
- The right to request a copy of all the data we hold on you.
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) about our behaviour (but of course if it’s something we can put right, it would be great if you’d let us know instead or first).