The Photographer’s Guide to The Norfolk Coast & Broads
Discover the top landscape photography locations on the Norfolk Coast and in The Broads National Park with this detailed guide book.
There are a host of beautiful landscapes to explore along Norfolk’s 90 miles of coastline, such as vast unspoilt sandy beaches, sleepy creeks and twisting salt marshes. Many of the beaches are backed by stunning dune systems, and for a region many think of as completely flat, there are also plenty of cliffs! It’s also a coastline in a constant battle with erosion, so sea defences are plentiful and varied in design. This book guides you to the best coastal photography locations Norfolk has to offer, from the most photogenic beaches to the quaintest of harbours and the finest sea defences.
The Broads National Park lies in the south east of Norfolk, and spills over the border into neighbouring Suffolk. It’s Britain’s largest protected wetland and contains a series of broads (lakes) interconnected by rivers and waterways. The main draw for photographers here is the assortment of handsome old drainage mills that dot the landscape, but there are plenty of other gems to explore, such as old ruins, tranquil marshes and traditional thatched boathouses.
The book is split into four sections:
The Coast part 1 – King’s Lynn to Wells-next-the-Sea
The Coast part 2 – Wells to Cromer
The Coast part 3 – Cromer to Great Yarmouth
The Broads National Park
- 51 brilliant locations – 32 on the coast and 19 in the Broads.
- Discover beautiful beaches, sleepy staithes, rugged sea defences and charming mills.
- Detailed directions to each location, including annotated maps, where to park and satnav information (postcodes and GPS coordinates).
- Advice on the best time of day and the best time of year to visit the locations.
- Table of sunrise and sunset times for the area.
- Useful information on tide times and what season to visit.
- Suitable for all levels of photographer – from beginner to professional.
- Handy A5 size fits perfectly in your camera bag.
Click or tap the thumbnails to view the pages full-size.
Buy this book
All our guidebooks are available on Amazon in the UK. We sell as a merchant on the site because their platform is the most cost effective way for us to make our books available to a wide audience (it’s not Amazon selling the books, it’s us). Alternatively, you can buy them from www.rigu.co.uk, which is a great camera accessories website based in the heart of the Lake District just down the road from Long Valley Books, and is run by Ellen’s cousin. Rigu will also ship to pretty much any country in the world!