The Photographer’s Guide to The Lake District
Discover the top photography locations in The Lake District with this detailed guide book.
The Lake District is one of the most beautiful parts of the UK, with a varied landscape of lakes, tarns, fells and waterfalls. There’s so much on offer it’s often hard to decide where to focus your efforts – this guide shows you the finest photo locations along with when to go for the best light and crucially how to get there. With so much packed into a small area there’s plenty to see, but along with the classic locations there are also plenty of hidden gems and less well-known areas to explore.
This book covers the following areas: The Langdales, Coniston, Ambleside & Windermere, Grasmere & Rydal, Ullswater, Keswick & Borrowdale, Buttermere & Crummock Water and Wasdale, Eskdale & The Duddon Valley.
Rated 4.5 stars (out of 5) by ePhotozine – read the review here.
- Over 50 brilliant photo locations, such as lakes, tarns, waterfalls, viewpoints, caves and stone circles
- Detailed directions to each location, including annotated maps, where to park and satnav information (postcodes and GPS co-ordinates).
- Advice on the best time of day and the best time of year to visit the locations.
- Table of sunrise and sunset times for the area.
- Suitable for all levels of photographer – from beginner to professional.
- Handy A5 size fits perfectly in your camera bag.
Click or tap the thumbnails to view the pages full-size.
Buy this book
All our guidebooks are available on Amazon in the UK. We sell as a merchant on the site because their platform is the most cost effective way for us to make our books available to a wide audience (it’s not Amazon selling the books, it’s us). Alternatively, you can buy them from www.rigu.co.uk, which is a great camera accessories website based in the heart of the Lake District just down the road from Long Valley Books, and is run by Ellen’s cousin. Rigu will also ship to pretty much any country in the world!