The Photographer’s Guide to The North Yorkshire Coast (including the best of the North York Moors)
Discover the wonders of the North Yorkshire Coast along with the top 10 photography locations in the North York Moors with this detailed guide book.
With expansive beaches, towering cliffs and charming seaside resorts, the Yorkshire Coast has a lot to offer photographers. This book covers the most photogenic northern section of the coastline, from the Tees estuary down to the rugged white cliffs of Flamborough Head. It’s packed with a huge variety of locations to shoot, such as the iconic shipwreck at Saltwick Bay, the elegant Victorian pier at Saltburn-by-the-Sea and the gothic splendour of Whitby Abbey. On top of that there are the characterful villages of Staithes and Robin Hood’s Bay to stroll around, dramatic clifftop views to investigate and a smattering of attractive sea defences for classic seascapes.
Much of this coastline is part of the North York Moors National Park, and there’s plenty more on offer if you venture inland as the park covers one of the largest expanses of heather moorland in the UK. With gentle valleys cutting between the moors and the Cleveland Hills on the western edge, there’s a wealth of locations to explore, from epic views to gentle waterfalls and pastoral countryside scenes. This book covers the top 10 locations to give you a taste of the area.
The book is split into three sections:
The Coast Part 1 – Teesmouth to Whitby
The Coast Part 2 – Robin Hood’s Bay to Flamborough Head
The North York Moors
- 20 of the best photo locations on the North Yorkshire Coast, including beautiful beaches, piers, cliff views and quaint fishing villages.
- The top 10 photography locations in the North York Moors.
- Detailed directions to each location, including annotated maps, where to park and satnav information. (Postcodes for satnav are given in the book. GPS co-ordinates will be available on the website.)
- Advice on the best time of day and the best time of year to visit the locations.
- Table of sunrise and sunset times for the area.
- Suitable for all levels of photographer – from beginner to professional.
- Handy A5 size fits perfectly in your camera bag.
Buy this book
We’re currently working on this book and hope to have it finished early summer 2019. If you’d like us to let you know when it’s on sale please sign up to our newsletter or drop us an email and we’ll add you to the launch list.