The Photographer’s Guide to The North Yorkshire Coast (including the best of the North York Moors)
Discover the wonders of the North Yorkshire coast along with a selection of the top photography locations in the North York Moors with this detailed guide book.
With a mix of pleasant sandy beaches, towering cliffs and charming seaside resorts, the North Yorkshire coast has a great deal to offer photographers. It’s packed with a huge variety of locations to shoot, such as the iconic shipwreck at Saltwick Bay, the elegant Victorian pier at Saltburn-by-the-Sea and the gothic splendour of Whitby Abbey. On top of that there are characterful villages like Staithes to stroll around, dramatic clifftop views to investigate and a selection of attractive sea defences for classic seascapes. I’ve also included the fabulous Flamborough Head, despite it being just over the border in East Yorkshire, as it’s a fantastic location with rugged white cliffs and beautiful rocky bays.
Much of the North Yorkshire coastline is also part of the North York Moors National Park, and there’s plenty more on offer if you venture inland as the park covers one of the largest expanses of heather moorland in the UK. With gentle valleys cutting between the moors and the Cleveland Hills on the northwestern edge, there’s a wealth of locations to explore, from epic views to gentle waterfalls and pastoral countryside scenes. This book covers 11 of the best locations on offer to give you a taste of the area.
The book is split into three sections:
The Coast Part 1 – Redcar to Whitby
The Coast Part 2 – Robin Hood’s Bay to Flamborough Head
The North York Moors
- 33 brilliant locations – 22 on the coast and 11 on the moors.
- Quaint fishing villages, beautiful rocky bays, charming piers, historic abbeys and tranquil moorland scenes.
- Detailed directions to each location, including annotated maps, where to park and satnav information. (Postcodes for satnav are given in the book. GPS co-ordinates are available here.)
- Advice on the best time of day and the best time of year to visit the locations.
- Table of sunrise and sunset times for the area.
- Suitable for all levels of photographer – from beginner to professional.
- Handy A5 size fits perfectly in your camera bag.
Buy this book
We’re currently working on this book and hope to have it finished late summer / autumn 2019. If you’d like us to let you know when it’s on sale please sign up to our newsletter or drop us an email and we’ll add you to the launch list.