The Photographer’s Guide to Northumberland
Discover the best photography locations in Northumberland with this detailed guide book.
The stunning Northumberland Coast has some of the finest photo locations in the UK, with romantic castles, miles of glorious golden beaches, elegant grass-covered dunes and dramatic shoreline geology. This irresistible mix creates a wealth of potential for seascapes and inner landscapes alike.
It’s an outstanding area to explore for photography, but you’ll find there’s plenty more to Northumberland if you venture inland. The countryside has various hidden gems, from secret waterfalls and ancient monuments to marvellous heather moorlands, as well as more magnificent castles. And last, but by no means least, there’s Hadrian’s Wall – an impressive feat of Roman engineering with many atmospheric and photogenic locations along its length.
The book is split into the following sections: The Coast Part 1 – Berwick to Holy Island, The Coast Part 2 – Bamburgh to Alnmouth, The Coast Part 3 – Amble to Tynemouth, Castles & Countryside, Hadrian’s Wall.
- Over 50 brilliant photography locations, such as castles, beaches, piers, harbours, lighthouses, waterfalls and ancient monuments.
- Detailed directions to each location, including annotated maps, where to park and satnav information. (Postcodes for satnav are given in the book. GPS co-ordinates are available here.)
- Advice on the best time of day and the best time of year to visit the locations.
- Table of sunrise and sunset times for the area.
- Useful information on what season to visit, practicalities for shooting seascapes, tide times, astrophotography and the Northern Lights.
- Suitable for all levels of photographer – from beginner to professional.
- Handy A5 size fits perfectly in your camera bag.
Buy this book
All our guide books are available on Amazon in the UK, Germany, Italy, France and Spain. We sell as a merchant on the site because their platform is the most cost effective way for us to make our books available to a wide audience (it’s not Amazon selling the books, it’s us). Alternatively, you can buy them from www.rigu.co.uk, which is a great camera accessories website based in the heart of the Lake District just down the road from Long Valley Books, and is run by Ellen’s cousin. Rigu will also ship to pretty much any country in the world!